Benefits of membership
HCPC registered full-practising CSP member physiotherapists are eligible to join as Full Members.
CSP student and associate members are eligible to join as Associate-CSP members. Other individuals may join as Associate-non CSP members.
The benefits of joining MLACP include:-
- Access to Introductory and Advanced Medico-legal report writing courses organised by the MLACP at reduced prices
- Reduced fees for the annual MLACP Study Day
- Free inclusion in the ‘Directory of Members’ if you are a Chartered Physiotherapist and properly qualified expert witness
- Networking with a peer group of members working in medico-legal work for support in your medico-legal work
- Access to example ‘Report Structure’ and ‘Terms of Business’ documents to help you get started with your medico-legal work
- Access to the Member Only portal of the website, containing useful documents and links to help you with your medico-legal work
- All members may shape the work of the MLACP by attending the AGM. (Only Full Members and Associate-CSP members hold voting rights).
- Membership runs from 1st of January to 31st December.
Expectations of membership
We are a professional network of physiotherapists who undertake a range of medico-legal work. Our main aim is to support our members in delivering high standards of work in a range of medico-legal contexts. By joining us, you undertake to meet our nine expectations of our members:
You will be:
- HCPC registered (physiotherapists only)
- A full practising member of the CSP (physiotherapists only) OR a student or associate member of the CSP ( students and physiotherapy support workers)
- Able to define both your clinical and your medicolegal expertise
- Expert witness members – educated, trained and competent in the relevant justice standards.
- Expert witness members – qualified in medico-legal report writing
- Expert witnesses members – required to undertake CPD relevant to marinating their practise in medico-legal work
- Able to communicate in English to the prevailing HCPC standards.
- Expert witness members – able to provide a current CV for your work
- Required to provide evidence of relevant and up to date training in medico-legal report writing skills if you wish to be included in the MLACP Directory of Members
Check here to join us now!